Hi girls :)
I thought I'd do a lil review for you guys on an eye makeup removal product I picked up a couple of weeks ago.
Lately I've noticed that when I remove my eye makeup I seem to loose an eyelash or two :( I don't want my eyes going bald!!
So when I saw this baby I thought it might be a tad gentler on the eye area and was worth a shot...
The Balm 'Balms Away' Eye Makeup Break-up
I hadn't really used any Balm products before, but the first thing that attracted me to the counter was their super cute packaging. It's quite similiar to benefit in that it has a retro kinda feel, with pics of pin-up girls and the like.
This was €22, but I got it for €11 on clearance. This was originally pretty pricey in my opinion so I was expecting good things :)
The dealio is you apply a dollop onto your closed eye (keeping eye closed) and move it around in a circular motion for about 30secs before wiping your eye with a soft tissue.
The break-up balm itself is clear in colour and doesn't really have any scent to it, which isn't really suprising seeing as it's made for the delicate eye area. In terms of consistency it's not a million miles away from petroleum jelly, but it's softer, smoother and less sticky.
It feels quite nice when you're applying it, and if any little bit of it did manage to sneak its way into my eye I didn't feel any stinging or anything!
I used a Simple makeup wipe to wipe across my eye as I thought it might be better to use something moist, I thought soft tissue might still be a little rough on the eye area.
I was quite impressed with how easily my dark eyeshadow was removed after using this! It really did seem to break the product up and was far more pleasant than rubbing my eye for ages, as well as being better for the skin. As you can probably see in the pic above, this contains vitamins A, E and C and other healthy sounding stuff! :)
My only disappointment was that I still lost a couple of eyelashes :(
I wouldn't blame the product for this though, my lashes are obv v weak all of a sudden!
I wouldn't blame the product for this though, my lashes are obv v weak all of a sudden!
Has anyone experienced lash loss before?! Or do any of you know of anything that might help?? I'm going to start putting some Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream on them at night I think. This is rumoured to lengthen lashes so I figure its worth a shot.
Anwho, back to the review!
A little bit goes a long way with this, so I reckon it will last me a while. It's going to be great for nights out when I wear dark eye makeup and jut wanna hit the hay when I get home. I find that it really speeds up the removal process! Oh and also I didn't feel like my eye was coated in nasty residue after use, once you wipe it off, it's gone.
Anybody else tried The Balm products?
What do you use to remove your makeup?
Can anyone save my lashes?!?!
Haha til next time, same bat time, same bat channel!
* Thanks for reading *
x x x
Ash
x x x
UPDATE: Sorry girls I totally forgot to mention that the casing is tin, although you may have noticed that from the pic! Anyways this makes it really handy to bring on-the-go without having to worry about destroying a handbag. I'm gonna start bringing it with me to the bf's house as he fears panda eyes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment