Friday, December 11, 2009

November Favourites


OK,

So I know we are pretty much halfway through December right now, but I like monthly favourites posts so I wanna do one!

1. HAIR: Revlon Professional Equave 2 Phase Perfect Blonde Conditioner

This stuff is amazing...

Ok so I have naturally blonde hair but it has gotten a lot darker over the years so I started to put some highlights through it. I'm really happy with my highlights BUT it has been tough on my hair. My hairdresser recommended this leave-in conditioner to me in October 2008 (pinky swear it was that long ago!) and I have just now come to the end of the bottle...

sniff....

It's a big deal for me to have used something religiously for so long and actually finishing it! I will definitely be repurchasing, I've noticed such a difference in my hair: it isn't half as dried out as it was before I started using this. I found it also made my hair easier to comb out, and it smells good too! I recommend this to any blondes who want their colour/highlights to last without their hair going that yellowy/whitish blah colour. Loves it.

2. MAKEUP: Mac Lipstick in Politely Pink

This is a really nice lustre, it shows up like a frosy baby pink. I like it with a toned down smokey eye and it may just be wishful thinking but I'm convinced it makes my lips look fuller even though it isn't an in-your-face kinda colour. Only downside is I think its been a little drying? But that could be down to the cold weather also!

3. NAILS: Barry M Nail Varnish in Navy and Nails Inc Red Varnish

Wore both of these varnishes all through November, I think they're a nice option for bright winter colours. I got the Barry M one while on a short trip to London last month and after a couple of coats I think it looks really good! Have never worn navy nail varnish before I think it a nice change? I got the red as a freebie with a magazine! Nice freebie too...

4. Perfume: Boss Orange

MMmmmmmm..... LoVe ThIs!!!

Got this in duty free on the way back from London (By the way, any interest in a London haul post, anybody?) I had been eyeing it for a while but thought I would have to wait and ask Santa for it due to my student status leaving me penniless but hurrah for duty free! This is so nice...and really different to anything I have already. I'm liking it for everyday wear. Don't let the mad Sienna dancing ad put you off (I kid, I kid) - try it out!

5. MAKEUP: Mac Blush in Flower Mist Dew

So this came out last year with the Emanuel Ungaro collection and I have to admit it got thrown to the back of my makeup stash for a long time...

I got it after a SA recommended it for my fair skin...but my fantasy Kardashian wannabe tan that I don't have took over and I decided it was far too light for me.

I was wrong.

Since I've cut down on the fake tan for the winter months this does brighten my face up a little, and it's subtle enough to apply freely for daytime. I think so anyway.

So those were my November faves, the bits and pieces I found myself reaching for all of last month. Should I keep up this type of post or is anyone out there bored to tears right now?!

Let me know...I'm new to this and any advice is welcomed :)

x x x

Ash

x x x

2 comments:

  1. I really need to try that conditioner! :) I got that nail polish free with Glamour too, I was so happy haha! :)

    I love these types of blogs, you should definitely keep them up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checkin it out, I didn't realise how hard it is to get people reading! You really should its such a holy grail kinda product.. :)

    ReplyDelete