Thursday, February 11, 2010

Quick Review and Swatches: Nyx Make-Up Artist Palette

Hi my lovelies :)

Well I very recently got this Nyx Make-Up Artist kit and I thought that I would give you a super quick review of my initial thoughts on it...
warning: picture heavy



The goods include too layers, one of 35 eyeshadows and the other with powder blushes, highlight/contour powders and lipglosses. It also comes with a couple of foam e/s applicators and a teeny tiny blush brush but I don't think I'll be using these to be honest!


When I first opened it and saw the huge eyeshadows glaring up at me I thought oh yay! But then I nearly had a heartattack because I almost dropped them... It took a moment for my blonde self to realise the top layer just lifts completely off the palette... :/


Once I got over that initial shock I realised that that would be pretty handy while doing your makeup at the mirror, as you wouldn't need to try and balance the whole big heavy bulky palette in your hand... So thumbs up there!

Here are the shadows with flash...




and without....




And just because I am in a swatchy mood here are some random swatches especially for you! :)





As you can see from the pics this is not a palette for those against shimmer... I like a lot of these vibrant colours but it would've been nice to have a few matte shades in there for variety.
On to the second layer... Please excuse the finger marks!




Swatches of the blushes:




Ok.

Not trying to be a moaning mindy over here but I'm not crazy about the blushes so far... The browny shades are just not for me. These and the contour shades seem a little too harsh on my skin, even with a light hand.

The baby pink one on the other hand (second swatch from the left) I am loving! It's a real Barbie pink :)

As I said I haven't had this very long but I am looking forward to trying out the shadows. Some of the shades look so so pretty I'm hoping that will translate well onto the lid!

As for the glosses...well...I'm not a huge fan of glosses in palettes to e honest so they haven't excited me too much! However I will give em a try and who knows they could be amazing!?

I'm sorry that this wasn't the most detailed review, but if anyone is interested I'd be happy to do an update on this after some more use :) I thought it'd be nice to share my first thoughts on this with my gorge followers!

I'm off to the land of nod now. No matter how many shadows we have, we still need the beauty sleep girls! Sigh...

Anybody else tried this or another Nyx palette? Let me know what you thought!

* Thanks so much for reading *

x x x

Ash

x x x

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this palette so thanks for this(:
    But NYX is one of my fave make-up brand(:
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur v welcome! I actually hadn't tried Nyx before now as far as I remember, it's not readily available over here. Wish it was though, it's so affordable. I'd love to get my hands on a few of their jumbo liners xxx

    ReplyDelete