Hello girlys!
Well here are my December faves! A lot of hairstuff and a few bits that kept me looking half decent on those Christmas nights out!
1. HAIR: Shampoo and Conditioner
First up is my shampoo and conditioner. Boring for a fave I know but I still wanted to include them because I have grown rather fond of these particular babies.
They are the L'oreal Elvive Nourish and Shimmer Highlights shampoo and conditioner.
Well that was a mouthful wasn't it!
I used to use the L'oreal Elvive shampoo and conditioner for colour treated hair, the red one. Then once the gorgeous Cheryl Cole started doing the famous 'mojo' ads I almost changed to the Full Restore products (yes ladies that is the power of advertising!) but I pulled myself together when I saw the highlights range on the shelf, and went for something to really suit my own hair.
I'm really happy with them so far, there is a definite difference between these and the colour range and I feel satisfied that these are suited specifically to highlighted hair.
2. HAIR: Batiste Dry Shampoo
Most of you know about this budget miracle already! Christmas is always a hectic time and I loved having this mini batiste in my bag whenever my hair had to be freshened up on the go!
3. PERFUME: Calvin Klein Euphoria
Ooooh this smells so nice! I got it as a present from the boyf a while ago and I love to wear it when I'm ging on a night out. Yum.
Who doesn't know Carmex? This lip balm has been a real life saver for me. I use it about 10 times a day! It's been especially handy with how cold it's been this past December...no more chapped lips for me!
5. MAKEUP: Mac Lipglasss in Feeling Dreamy
I wore this out a lot in December. Over the holidays I loved doing darker smoky eyes and this was a really good product for a glossy nude lip.
It's a frost with a pinkish undertone.
I'm sorry that the pic makes it look a bit like concealer!

Trust me it's lovely with a dark eye.
6. PRIMER: Urban Decay Primer Potion
7. MAKEUP: No7 High Lights Illuminating Powder in Dandy Pink

I have to admit I don't use a lot of No7 products. I have always found that their products are a tad overpriced for drugstore, especially when their packaging is so simplistic.

It's a lovely baby pink with a hint of shimmer here and there. It comes with the brush pictured, but I found the brush sheds quite a bit and I prefer using my regular blush brush for application.
Trust me it's lovely with a dark eye.
6. PRIMER: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Ok. So I finally get what all the fuss is about!
This is just a mini that came with a UD pallette I have, but when it's used up I will definitely be trying to get my hands on a full sized UDPP.
It proved itself to me over a few Christmas nights out! Especially as my eye makeup was actually a bit more difficult to remove once I got home!
7. MAKEUP: No7 High Lights Illuminating Powder in Dandy Pink
I have to admit I don't use a lot of No7 products. I have always found that their products are a tad overpriced for drugstore, especially when their packaging is so simplistic.
However I have really started to like this product for an understated cheek highlight.
It's a lovely baby pink with a hint of shimmer here and there. It comes with the brush pictured, but I found the brush sheds quite a bit and I prefer using my regular blush brush for application.
Having said that the little brush included is handy for on the go application as you can throw the whole lot in your bag - no fuss.
8. MAKEUP: Mac Eye Kohl in Smolder
This was my go-to eyeliner for my water-line over Christmas. It's such an intense black I love it!
Barely a touch of it and BAM dark eyes!
9. MAKEUP: Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation
If your looking for a good budget foundation for a night out look no further!
I have been so impressed with this that I have been reaching for it over my mac foundation. (It may appear a ittle dark but I have been wearing fake tan a lot.)
I Love the finish it gives to my skin, it never looks too dry or too greasy - it's just right!
It comes out nice in pictures, and it really does last.
The only odd thing about it is that it seems to depend very much on the person using it because my friend insists it isn't nice on her!
Anywho I love it and for such a good price it's deffo worth a try!
10. L'oreal Elnett Hairspray
My fave hairspray, which was heavily used over Christmas - there was a whole lotta back-combing going on!
Also....an update....
Also....an update....
Look what Santa left in my stocking :)
Anyone who read my November faves might remember this - I had run out after a year of dedicated use!
With this baby I'm all stocked up until next year! :):):)
Well that's all folks!
Thanks for reading!! :)
x x x
Ash
x x x
Great post, I love people's monthly favourites :) I agree with you about Batiste, I don't think I could live without that stuff!
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to say, keep it up with your blog :) when I first got my blog a few months ago, I put a lot of effort into it but I only had about four subscribers, and it was really discouraging for me! I stopped for a while, but I've recently got back into it nd now I really enjoy it. I've got lots more followers too and it makes it worthwhile when you get good feedback :)
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I think you're doing a really good job, and keep it up :)
@Meg - that is so sweet of you thank you! It's really nice to know someone is reading and I really appreciate my folowers even if I only have a few :) Also it's really nice to get encouragement like that, spesh from someone whose posts I love to see coming! Thanks x
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! I'm sure you'll have lots more followers in no time, it's always a bit slow to start off with but don't let it put you off :) x
ReplyDeleteLove this post, Euphoria is such a lovely scent it is a favourite with all the girls at work. also i really want to check out that lip glass next time i'm at Mac. check out my dec favourites and products of 2009 :) hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed yours x
ReplyDelete@ Confessions - Thanks! Will check yours out right now!
ReplyDelete@ Confessions - I checked out your post, nice job! I see we are both batiste fans :) and I gotta try out those l'oreal eye shadow trios! For some reason I couldn't leave a comment? That's why I'm writing here!
ReplyDeleteoh dear i had that problem when I tired to reply to someone the other day! maybe i have done something to the settings which I dont know about lol im not good with all this blog stuff I don't know how people make theirs look so good! x
ReplyDeleteI think I may have sorted it well I did my best job it not perfect but it will have to do :) x
ReplyDelete